Being a member of an OCIA chapter allows the participation within the larger organization of OCIA such as voting rights at the Annual General Membership Meeting (AGMM). OCIA Chapters also offer a variety of services which are educational and supportive toward organic operations or for those wishing to begin organic operations.
Benefits of being a member of a chapter include, but are not limited to:
- A farmer-owned and farmer-controlled organization
- Supply technical assistance, educational information and research in organic farming practices to their members
- Chapters, as a separate entity from certification, can assist members with the application process.
- Network of chapters
- Field days
- Local discussions of problems and success
- Mentor new producers
- Be mentored by new producers
Please contact any of OCIA's chapter offices for more information about the individual benefits of chapter membership.